Cemeteries to the Stars -
Cemeteries to the Stars - After an actor reaches the heights of
stardom they usually end up living in a secured dwelling to
protect themselves from the oceans of fans that have the need to
see them. And when they die, celebrities usually end up in a
similar environment, safe and secure from the prying eyes of the
their adoring public (this time six-feet under).
The following is a list of the famous cemeteries in the southern
California area that provide an eternal sanctuary for America's
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park 1712 Glendale Avenue Glendale,
California (Gracie Allen, George Burns, Lon Chaney, Nat King
Cole, W.C. Fields, Errol Flynn, Clark Gable, Gabby Hayes, Ernie
Kovacs, Stan Laurel, Liberace, and Ed Wynn).
- Hollywood Memorial Park 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard Los Angeles,
California (Mel Blanc, "Mama" Cass Elliott, Darla Hood, Peter
Lorre, Tyrone Power, Nelson Riddle, Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer, and
- Holy Cross Cemetery 5835 West Slauson Avenue Los Angeles,
California (Charles Boyer, Bing Crosby, Jimmy Durante, Bela
Lugosi, Rosalind Russell, and Sharon Tate).
- Westwood Village Memorial Park 1218 Glendon Avenue Los Angeles,
California (Eve Arden, Jim Backus, Richard Basehart, Sebastian
Cabot, Marilyn Monroe, Buddy Rich, Donna Reed, and Natalie
- Valhalla Memorial Park 10621 Victory Boulevard, North Hollywood
(famous as the final resting place of comedian Oliver Hardy).
Back to Top