Spindrift - The
Sub-orbital craft (Flight No. 612) known as "The
Spindrift" on the science fiction
adventure LAND OF THE GIANTS/ABC/1968-70.
The Spindrift was transporting passengers
from the United States to London on June 12,
1983 when a ripple in space and time transported
the crew and ship into another dimension filled
with humanoid giants 12 times their size.
"Come in London. Do you read me? This is flight
612 to London Control A. We've hit a solar
turbulence area and it's jamming your radio
band. Can you switch to an alternate range, over...Nothing...It's getting rougher by the
minute...What is?...What's happening to
us?...What's that thing?..." - Episode No.
1 "The Crash"
The crew and passengers of the Spindrift
- Captain Steve Burton (Gary Conway)
- Co-pilot Dan Erikson (Don Marshall)
- Stewardess Betty Hamilton (Heather Young)
- Mark Wilson (Don Matheson), engineer-tycoon
- Valerie Scott (Deanna Lund), jet-set heiress
- Barry Lockridge (Stefan Arngrim), a 12-year old
- Chipper, Barry's dog
- Cdr. Alexander Fitzhugh (Kurt Kasznar), a mystery passenger
As the passengers of the Spindrift struggled to
find a way home, they were pursued by a giant
security agent named Inspector Kobrick (Kevin
Hagen) of the S.I.B..
Back to Top